The police have told how a driver made N1million when he got kidnappers to abduct his 61-year-old former Boss, Chief Nemi Adoki.
Police authorities told NewsmakersNG that Adoki, the CEO of Menakeb Limited was abducted last December 15, when one Maikano Abdullahi was also killed by the gang at House Number 129, Victoria Street in Port Harcourt.
Six members of the gang have now been caught by the Intelligence Response Team led by ACP Abba Kyari. Two Pump Action guns were allegedly recovered.
The police revealed that Chief Adoki was eventually released after a payment of N9million ransom on January 4. He spent 21days in captivity, in the Creeks of Akuku-Toru area of Rivers State.
Police situation report says: “Between 15/01/18 and 5/2/18, operatives of the IGP- Intelligence Response Team IRT deployed to PH by IGP Idris Ibrahim, during unrelenting follow up arrested six members of the kidnapping gang from different locations In Rivers and Bayelsa states. “Suspects arrested and roles played are:
1. Justice Timothy ‘m’ 22: Deadly gang leader, uses the AK47 and responsible for the death of Mikano Abudullahi. He was in charge of negotiations. His share from the Ransom was N1.8million.
2. Akpos Livinus ‘m’ 33: Coordinator of the gang’s operations. He arranged the weapons used and the location of the stronghold in the creeks. His share was N1.2milion.
3. Daniel Allen ‘m’ 27: Participated in the kidnap; also negotiated for ransom. His share was N1million.
4. Kelvin Alpheus ‘m’ 30 years. He was tasked with cooking and running errands for the gang and hostages. His share was N400, 000.
5. David Abak ‘m’ 29: The driver of the operational vehicle used for the kidnap. His share was N800, 000.
6. Tekena Silva, 26 years: Sacked driver of the victim, Chief Nemi Adoki, He brought the kidnapping job to the group and got N1 million share from the ransom.”
The police said they were still making efforts to arrest the only member of the gang that is still at large.